Election for Queenstown Commissioner
Date(s) - November 7, 2022
3:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Queenstown Town Office
The election for Queenstown Town Commissioner will take place on Monday, November 7, 2022 from 3pm to 8pm at the Town Office.
The following have filed and qualified for Office of Town Commissioner of Queenstown:
Paul E. Cain
Bryon J. Callahan
Nominations for Commissioner begin Friday, September 9, 2022 and must be filed with the Town Office no later than 12 noon on Friday, October 7, 2022.
- To be eligible for the Office of Town Commissioner, the candidate must have resided within the incorporated limits of Queenstown for at least one hundred eighty (180) days immediately preceding to November 7, 2022 and be a qualified voter of the Town of Queenstown. Upon election, a Commissioner must maintain their primary residence within the corporate boundaries of Queenstown for twelve (12) months out of each calendar year. Proof of residency will be required at the time of filing.
The last day to register to vote in the Town Commissioner election is Friday, October 21, 2022.
- In order to vote in the election, you must be registered to vote. Voter registration may be made at the Town Office during regular office hours, or by mailing a completed Voter Registration Card to Queen Anne’s County Board of Elections.
- In order to qualify to register to vote in the Queenstown Commissioners election, you must:
- You are not eligible to vote in the Queenstown election unless:
The last day to file for absentee voting is Monday, October 31, 2022.
- Applications for absentee ballots must be completed and filed with the Town Clerk-Treasurer beginning Monday, Oct. 10, 2022 and no later than by Monday, Oct. 31, 2022. Absolutely no applications for absentee ballots will be accepted after the Oct. 31, 2022 deadline.
In order to be counted, absentee ballots must be received by the Town Clerk-Treasurer no later than 2pm on Monday, Nov. 7, 2022.