Bulk collection regulations reminder– (collection every monday)
- Lumber, brush, and metals must be separated from each other and all other items. Form separate piles each for lumber, brush & metals.
- Small "junk" items must be bagged.
- NO tires will be picked up.
- Twigs tied, grass clippings, and leaves MUST BE BAGGED! No wheelbarrows, baskets or trash cans. DO NOT place anything else in with these items.
- Tree limbs, branches, lumber, etc. must be cut to 5 ft. or less in length and 6” or less in diameter.
- Appliances & furniture will be collected. Appliances w/coolants (a/c, freezers, etc.) will be collected free of charge at this time.
- Place items out for pick up only 1-2 days prior to collection day. If you miss collection, items will not be collected until the following week. Please DO NOT leave items curbside for more than 2 days. Keep in mind that occasionally the volume of bulk placed out town wide may require more than one day collection. Allow us 2 days to have all items removed.
- All items should be placed street side by 6:00 a.m. the day of collection. If you place items out after that time, they may not get collected. Again, should you miss collection day, items will not be collected until the following week. Remember to remove any items not collected from the street.
- Should Monday be a major holiday, collection will be on Tuesday of that week.
- No cardboard will be collected during bulk collection. It will be collected with recyclable items. PLEASE RECYCLE AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!
- If you are performing any new construction on your property, you must provide your own dumpster for construction debris, or haul it away. The Town will not collect this debris, nor will the trash collector.
- If you remove a tree from your property, please haul away. Town employees will not pick up large tree remains 6” or larger around or more than 5’ in length.
- No motor oil will be collected by the Town or Trash Collector. All motor oil must be disposed of properly. Please call the Queen Anne’s County Department of Public Works at 758-0925 with questions regarding disposal.
- No vehicle batteries will be collected.
- No Paint (Cans or Buckets) will be collected.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contactTown Office at 410-827-7646